Junior Leadership Scott County is a five-week leadership program tailored to high school juniors, and seniors. The program is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Scott County, and the local business community.
The aim of Junior Leadership Scott County (Jr. LSC) is to foster current and future leadership by offering young people opportunities to develop their leadership skills and to broaden their knowledge of the Scott County community.
Participants in Junior LSC will have the opportunity to:
• Build leadership skills
• Practice professionalism
• Meet community leaders
• Learn about a variety of community-relevant topics
• Network with other young leaders
These opportunities will take the form of informational sessions, interactive sessions, on-site visits and tours, and community service. Some specific program topics include community involvement, professionalism, health & wellness, public safety, education, business & economic development, law enforcement & public service, and governmental affairs.
The class sessions will culminate with a dinner and program presentation of certificates.
High school juniors, and seniors from any Scott County public or private school, including home-schooled students may apply.
Thanks to support from the Chamber, Leadership Scott County, and sponsorships from community organizations, the personal cost to participants is only $50. This tuition fee is due after you have been accepted into the program.
The selection process for Jr LSC is competitive and requires the following:
• Obtain two current letters of recommendation. More information and specific instructions for the letters of recommendation are included in the application.
• Submit your application and letters of recommendation to the Chamber Office by 4:30 p.m., Monday, January 23, 2023. You may email your application and supporting documents to Laura@gtown.org or mail to: Leadership Scott County 160 E. Main St. Georgetown, KY 40324
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Selection Committee will review all complete and eligible applications after the deadline and notify applicants of their decisions by Friday, January 27, 2023 via E-mail.
If accepted, you will be required to:
• Commit to attending all of the sessions.
• Pay the $50 fee before the first class session as outlined in the acceptance letter. If you are unable to pay the fee, some scholarships are available.
• Participate in community service independently or with your Jr. LSC classmates.
• Ensure you have transportation to/from each session.
• Complete a program evaluation after each class session
*We recognize that you may have an important prior commitment which may conflict with your attendance at one of the sessions. Under special circumstances the admissions committee may grant an excused absence, but will only consider doing so if you provide an adequate explanation in your application.